Since I’ve started to work on the Pro version of the Log Lolla theme often times I find myself thinking about that this theme is somehow meta. In the sense of dealing exclusively with the extraction of meta-information from the blog posts to form knowledge.
Today I’ve outlined the features of the Archives page which will bring some new exciting things like:
- It should be able to act as the homepage / frontpage of the site
- It should not look like a blog, instead more like a magazine, following the brutalist style
- Archives will present meta information about the blog, an upper view of what is going on under the hood
- The UI / UX must be playful revealing lots of new, unexpected facets about the underlying information
- There should be a set of visualisation components like galleries, sliders, lists etc. — which can be freely associated to categories, tags, post formats and post types — enabling some king of customisation / personalisation. The idea is that instead of letting users change colors and fonts the user should be able to assembly the meta view of her blog / content / knowledge. Maybe many sites running the Log Lolla Pro theme will have the same aesthetics but a very different display of knowledge.